Service Honda Production 2012 250AF The most competitive motorcycle in the 250cc class
Terror, the reaction is unmistakable. Service Honda 250AF, say the name and watch the reaction of factory supported 250cc motocross race teams. When the AMA was considering making the 250AF legal for Pro Racing these race teams told the AMA ' if a Privateer team shows up on the 250AF we will not race'. No surprise that the factory supported race teams reacted this way, the 250AF is lighter, more nimble and more powerful than the competition.
Not only does the 250AF perform better than the 4 stroke competition it is vastly cheaper to maintain, cutting the TOTAL operating budget for a national outdoor motocross team by nearly one third!
The good news is that the 250AF is legal for AMA amatuer racing and most other organizations in the 250cc class. You can own this bike today, the most competitive 250cc class motorcycle. The 250AF can slice insde for an easy pass or rail the outside with power and acceleration unmatched in the class,the choice is yours but only one bike gives you both options, the 250AF.
This stunning performance machine is available with a host of options. Everything from handlebars to cylinder porting can be custom ordered to fit your specific needs, all with the quality and durability that you have come to expect from Service Honda . Prices start at just $11,999.
New for 2012
- Reshaped works-style 240mm front brake rotor is 1.3 ounces lighter. Front disk guard is smaller, lighter and vented.
- New 240mm rear brake rotor features works-style pattern and is 1.0 once lighter. New plastic disc guard saves 4 grams of weight.
- New handgrip is 3mm longer.
Exclusive 250AF Features
- Fully up to date chassis is the most competitive 250cc class bike on the market.
- Bike can be custom built to your specifications prior to delivery.
- The quality, reliability, fit, and finish you expect from Service Honda.
- Slim design combined with minimal bodywork to emphasize the beautiful frame and powerful engine.
- Custom suspension using the latest technology tuned, specifically for you and your riding style is available as an option.
- Fourth generation twin spar aluminum frame and swingarm offers optimal balance of rigidity and strength for lighter, easier handling in widely varying riding conditions. The forged aluminum steering head and tapered downtube section are optimized for frame rigidity. Tall swingarm pivot plates and thin frame spars create a narrow overall frame cross section for superb rider comfort and maneuverability.
- Frame is matched to rider ergonomics to maximize handling and control operation.
- Semi-double cradle frame design features a single large diameter tapered down tube. Two rugged box section billet rails attach to the base of the downtube and support the powerful engine. A forged aluminum steering head provides a compact and extremely durable mount for the frame spars and engine downtube.
- Compact damper attached to the lower triple clamp and the steering head allows more aggresive steering characteristics and assists in straight line stability. Damping action smoothly progresses as handlebar deflection increases, wich produces very natural steering characteristics and feel.
- Front and rear wheels feature HRC works-type lightweight-aluminum spoke nipples.
- Revised, sophisiticated Inverted Twin-Chamber Cartridge Fork.
- Front wheel features large-diameter front axel and wide wheel bearing span for excellent rigidity.
- Large25 mm rear axel diameter and large diameter bearings provide significant rigidity.
- Rrear shock with revised internal design and valving for better bump absorption.
- Large 50mm diameter rear shock damper piston for consistent damping.
- Gas tank capacity is 1.9 gallons
- Optional FMF Q-series or Pro Circuit 296 series silencer can meet current noise emission standards.
- Easy access air filter.
- Billet aluminum airbox front plate provides strong, stable airboot connection point
- Washable two stage air filter for optimal engine protection and easy maintenance.
- Comfortable, durable controls and high-quality fasteners.
- Stainless steel clutch cable for long life.
- Removable rear sub-frame allows easy maintenance.
- Front disc brake cover helps protect rotor and caliper from damage.
- Chain guide material offers improved wear resistance, and service life is 5 times greater thantraditional materials.
- Quick-adjust clutch perch
- Adjustable front brake lever.
- Works-type handlebar grips add to rider comfort.
- Handlebar holders provide +/- 3 mm for or aft position to match rider preference.
- Aluminum Renthal handlebar (971 bend) is rubber-mounted to reduce rider fatigue and improve comfort.
- Dunlop D742FA front and D756 rear tires for good traction and cornering.
- Wide, cleated stainless steel footpegs are self-cleaning, resist corrosion, provide excellent grip and fold for extra ground clearance.
- Rear brake pedal and shift lever are made of lightweight aluminum and are designed to complement the riding position. Brake pedal features optimized ratio to match integrated rear-brake master cylinder design.
- “Non slip” seat cover for increased rider control.
- Seat cushion uses foam construction that follows the shape of the fuel tank , providing a smooth transition to increase rider mobility and comfort
- Rider ergonomics are optimized by adapting the handlebar, seat and footpeg height to place the riders legs at the narrowest cross-section of the frame for improved comfort and handling feel.
- All plastic body components (radiator shroud, side covers, rear fender, seat base, fuel tank, front fender, and front number plate) are designed to offer the slim, aggressive styling and light weight.
250AF 2012 Specifications
|Engine Type 500cc liquid cooled single cylinder two stroke|
|Bore and Stroke 66.4mm X 72mm|
|Compression Ratio 8.5:1|
|Induction six pedal reed valve|
|Carburetion 38mm flat-slide|
|Transmission Close-ratio five-speed|
|Final Drive #520 chain; 13T/50T|
|CHASSIS / SUSPENSION / BRAKES|
|Front Suspension 48mm inverted Showa cartridge fork with rebound compression damping djustability; 12.2 inches of travel|
|Rear Suspension Pro-Link® Showa single shock with spring preload, rebound-damping adjustability, and compression-damping adjustment separated into low speed and high speed positions; 12.5 inches travel.|
|Front Brake Single 240mm disc with twin-piston caliper|
|Rear Brake Single 240mm disc|
|Front Tire: Dunlop 742 FA 80/100-21|
|Rear Tire: Dunlop 756 100/90-19|
|Rake 27.2 degrees|
|Trail 117 mm|
|Wheelbase 58.6 inches|
|Seat Height 37.6 inches|
|Ground Clearance 12.8 inches|
|Dry Weight 213.8 pounds|
|Fuel Capacity 1.5 gallons|
|Model ID 250AF|